This week we are completing our chakra series with the final two chakras at the top of our energy channel , the third eye and crown chakras. Both of these chakras are associated with our spiritual side, our connection to our true self and to the universe.
The third eye is all about truly seeing what is around you and using your intuition to guide you. Growing up most of us are not taught how to use our intuition or to think along the lines of what exists beyond what we can physically see with our eyes. The Third Eye chakra also known in Sanskrit as “AJNA” which means to perceive, is about intuition, clairvoyance, dream images and visualization. Different schools of thought place it at slightly different places on the head but the general area is the forehead between the eyes. The crown chakra is sometimes called the thousand petaled lotus and is said to be your connection point to universal energy and divine intelligence. The lotus that blossoms right at the crown of your head still needs to keep it’s roots connected to the earth and that is why each chakra point is intertwined from your root all the way up to your crown. Together they form a full and complex energetic system that is said to exist in all of us.
Some signs that you might have a blocked energy in your third eye or crown chakras: nightmares, difficulty concentrating, headaches, vision problems, trouble finding focus in terms of your path in life, poor memory,confusion, depression
When you have good energy flow in the third eye chakra and crown chakras: keen sense of intuition, easily recall your dreams and have clarity around their meanings, imaginative, perceptive, open minded, spiritually connected
Take a moment and try this quick exercise to refresh tired eyes:
- Keep a dream journal – keep a notebook by your bedside and when you wake up in the morning take a moment to jot down your dreams, even if you only remember fragments of them. Later in the day review what you wrote looking for themes or symbols that might make sense to you. Over the week you may find that certain recurring themes appear.
- Create art to stimulate your visual and thinking process and tap into your intuition. It can be anything that resonates with you, drawing, painting, crafting
- Yoga poses to stimulate the Third Eye and Crown: Forward Bend to soothe your mind and Savasana to help you connect to the earth and open all the chakras at the same time
- Essential Oils that create balance and promote connection to your higher chakras: Jasmin, Patchouli, Vetiver
- Meditation is a very powerful healing tool, it’s like a shower for your mind – you can start with even a few minutes a day and increase from there
Over the past few months we have just touched the surface of what each chakra is about. If you are interested in learning more check out some of my favourite books about the Chakras. If there are any other books on the Chakras that you really like please let us know in the comment section below.
Some of my faves: