“I Love” is the energy associated with the fourth chakra, your heart chakra.
In sanskrit the word for the heart chakra is Anahata which means ‘the unstruck chord’. The three lower chakras that we have already looked at root, sacral and solar plexus, are connected to the earth and the physical body. The heart chakra begins to connect us to spirit. In a way it can be seen as the spiritual centre of the chakra system. Relationships, compassion and love are all themes that resonate with the heart chakra. A balanced heart centre will allow you to love freely and properly process negative emotions as needed. The heart chakra is also about healing on all levels. Healing physically but also mentally and emotionally from any life events that have caused you stress or trauma. I’m sure we all have our own issues that could use a little love and healing. The great thing is that you already have love within you, you just need to tap into it. A great way to feel love is to give love – or to be loving to others. I know it sounds too simple but try it and see how you feel.
Issues that may arise if your heart chakra is blocked or out of balance:
insincerity, judgemental, looking for rewards in exchange for love, trouble genuinely accepting love from others, asthma, high BP, tension in the shoulders, lung weakness
A balanced, clear heart chakra will bring forth:
compassion, love, self- love, stronger immune system, overall sense of peace and contentment, deeper empathy and understanding of others
Try some of these simple ways to shake up the energy in your fourth chakra and feel more connected to your heart centre:
- this week’s mini meditation
- Mantras to repeat to yourself ( choose one that resonates with you) – I am loving to myself and others. I am worthy of love. There is love within me and all around me.
- Essential oils -Rose, Geranium, Bergamot Add one drop of any of these oils to a carrier oil or lotion and rub it on the centre of your chest. Then hold your hand on the heart centre while taking some deep breaths.
- Go for a reiki or energy healing session with a trusted practitioner and ask them to take some extra time working around your heart centre to help remove any blocked energy
- Take inventory of what past negative experiences around love or relationships you might still be holding onto, ask yourself if there are any that you are ready to let go of. Letting go of old energy can make room for a fresh start. Sometimes journaling can help by letting go through words onto paper.
- Go out and do something that makes you happy, something fun, something that makes your heart feel like shining!
If you have any questions or insights about the chakra system please feel free to share in the comment section below.